Wild City Bring Sulk Station To Delhi For The Very First Time
6 April 2012
Arguably one of the country's few untapped talents, Sulk Station is a Bangalore based trip-hop duo formed by Rahul Giri and Tanvi Rao. They define their music as “mellowdramatic pop”, a sound influenced by electronic/downtempo genres and Indian classic music.
With obvious influences ranging from Massive Attack through to Portishead and Radiohead they've created something truly unique with their debut album ‘Til You Appear and we’re not the only ones to have noticed!
• In under a month their album has had nearly 12,000 plays on their Soundcloud page
• They were selected by Soundcloud (the world’s largest platform to share music) as ‘Soundclouder of the day’ receiving international exposure, appreciation and recognition
• Recent airplay on BBC Radio
• Selected by Time Out India as one of the ten breakout Indian Acts in 2011
• Their track ‘Contentment’ was selected by NH7.com to represent India in the international indie mixtape Music Alliance Pact in November 2010
Wild City are extremely thrilled to be hosting Sulk Station’s debut Delhi show and album launch at the beginning of May at Out Of The Box, Hauz Khas Village. In addition to Sulk Station, the show will include a performance from Teddy Boy Kill and Wild City DJ. Albums will also be available for sale at the show.
“We really wanted to launch the album in Delhi because of the amount of love and support we have gotten from the city since we started putting out our demos about two years ago; always got the vibe that people (via Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook) understood what we were trying to do. We didn’t think it was possible just because of the kind of music we make and the logistics so we’re really thankful to thewildcity.com for making it happen and cant wait to perform in Delhi." - Rahul Giri (Sulk Station)