Wild City To Host Official Afterparty On Site At Ziro Festival
16 September 2013
For those lucky enough to be heading to Ziro Festival this weekend, we've got some good news. It's just been confirmed that Wild City will be hosting the official afterparty on site, at the festival.
Last year we were kicking ourselves for not being able to make it and had heard enough stories from everyone who went to know that we just have to get involved in upcoming editions. Due to take place from 20-22 September in Ziro, a beautiful, serene valley in central Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro Festival of Music is a celebration of not only indie/alternative music from across India, but also folk acts from the Northeast region. This is the only festival in the world that brings together such a myriad of 8cultures – also showcasing some of the world's most famous acts.
With outdoor music ending at 11pm, Wild City will be hosting the official afterparty on site, running from 11pm till late. Very late. For those wanting to make an appearance, it shouldn't be too hard to find (or hear). The chosen venue is the rooftop of Paradise Hotel and it'll feature performances from the likes of Func, Your Chin, _RHL, Lifafa, and Ox7gen.
A full line up of the festival can be seen below. And a flyer for the afterparty below that.
1. Lee Ranaldo & Steve Shelley (Sonic Youth)
2. Whirling Kalapas – Mumbai
3. Menwhopause – New Delhi
4. Peter Cat Recording Co. – New Delhi
5. Sky Rabbit – Mumbai
6. Shaiʼir and Func – Mumbai
7. Donn Bhatt – Mumbai
8. Your Chin – Mumbai
9. Sulk Station – Bengaluru
10. The Bicycle Days – Bengaluru
11. Gandu Circus – Kolkata
12. Imphal Talkies – Imphal, Manipur
13. Dosserʼs Urge – Shillong, Meghalaya
14. The Vinyl Records – Arunachal Pradesh
15. Yesterdrive – Arunachal Pradesh
16. Omak Komut Collective – Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh 17. Still Waters – Gangtok, Sikkim
18. Digital Suicide – Guwahati, Assam
19. Dayglocrazie – Assam
20. Polar Lights – Dimapur, Nagaland
21. Purple Fusion – Dimapur, Nagaland
22. Frisky Pints – Mizoram
1. Tapu War Dance – Adi Tribe, Arunachal Pradesh
2. Lion Dance – Monpa Tribe, Arunachal Pradesh
3. Buya Dance – Nishyi Tribe, Arunachal Pradesh
4. Paku Littu Dance – Apatani Tribe, Arunachal Pradesh 5. Damin Da Dance – Apatani Tribe, Arunachal Pradesh 6. Bamboo Dance – Mizoram
7. Naga Dance – Nagaland